Workshop - communication, presentation and public speaking
Shaking, shivering, actually terrified. These are the words that come to our minds when we remember standing before public for the first time to hold a speech.
How to develop this situation from merely a talk to a journey for the audience and the speaker, that is what we will learn in the Public Speaking course.
- Definition, uses, forms and components of public speaking.
- Fear, its origin and how to deal with it.
- The preparation, the doing and the feedback in public speaking.
- What makes a speech special and how to do it.
- Common mistakes in a speech and how to avoid them.
- Types of audience, how to use them, how to deal with difficult ones and how to react in different situations.
- Technicalities and logistics in public speaking.
- Things to do and things to avoid.
- Summary, applicants evaluation through short speeches and a conclusion
Dr. Hytham Abdel-Aziz
Works as a demonstrator at the department of endodontics, faculty of dentistry, Alexandria university
He holds a BDS ( bachelor of dental surgery ) from the faculty of dentistry, Alexandria university, 2009.
Studied and is currently a researcher in the field of peace education and culture of peace.
Designed and facilitated various trainings on culture of dialogue and inter cultural communication, amongst them the training addressing the public of different age range and the staff of the bibliotheca Alexandrina.
Founder and head coordinator of the Se7etna Alexandria health educators group, responsible for conducting health educative formal and informal projects in Alexandria, directed towards the community with all of it's strata.
Studied and practiced Egyptian sign language and did several trainings on the cognition and interpretation of this communicative route to bibliotheca Alexandrina staff.
Hytham is known for being enthusiastic and for letting the audience and himself enjoy the experience they live through.